[pvrusb2] hi! && cx25840-scaling

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sun Nov 19 15:21:01 CST 2006

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006, usleepless at gmail.com wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> i am adapting the freebsd-hauppauge-pvr250 driver to support
> pvr150/500s. i have been experiencing the same scaling problems with
> the cx25840 as pvrusb2 ( no horizontal scaling ).
>
> i dived into it, and found 2 things needed to enable horizontal scaling:
>  - setup the HSCALE and VSCALE registers ( obvious! )
>  - call: ( this is ivtv-0.4.6 sourcecode ) when configuring the device
>                 struct v4l2_format vbi_in;
>                 vbi_in.type = V4L2_BUF_TYPE_SLICED_VBI_CAPTURE;
>                 cx25840_command(sc->iicbus, VIDIOC_S_FMT, &vbi_in);
>
> check cx25840-vbi.c from ivtv/linux to see what this does. (
> ivtv-0.4.6 still includes cx25840-vbi.c )

Oh this is terrific.  I had suspected all along that there was something about
how I was setting up the cx25840 chip level driver within pvrusb2.  I will
implement this and test.  Thanks!

One wonder why I would have to do something with VBI setup in order to get
video scaling to work, but hey whatever...