[pvrusb2] Does it make sense to try to port pvrusb2 to dvb?

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Wed Nov 29 07:31:46 CST 2006

xavier.gnata at free.fr wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has there is no good *small* TV application able to read mpeg2 V4L2 I would like
> to know if it would make sense to try to port the driver to dvb.
> Kaffeine looks so nice as a dvb end application....
> Any comments?

That would be like programming an apple-picking robot to harvest oranges from an
apple tree.

DVB is a lot more than just an mpeg stream -- it is multiple mpeg streams muxed
into a single transport stream.

Kaffeine could work with the v4l2 mpeg encoding API, so there is no reason why you
can't still use it.

-Mike Krufky