[pvrusb2] 24xxx IR support - there is hope yet

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Thu Oct 5 23:15:24 CDT 2006

A couple nights I ran some experiments comparing bus traffic between 29xxx
and 24xxx devices while IR codes were being received.  I believe I
understand now how 24xxx IR is working.  And while it is completely
different than the 29xxx device's mechanism, I think I understand it well
enough to emulate the correct behavior within the pvrusb2 driver.

What this all means is that I think we'll soon see IR reception finally
working on 24xxx devices.  Wheee!!