[pvrusb2] New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20060903

xavier.gnata@free.fr xavier.gnata at free.fr
Tue Sep 5 16:55:12 CDT 2006

Quoting Mike Isely <isely at isely.net>:

> There's a new driver snapshot available.  Nothing really significant this
> time, just an accumulation of bug fixes and a change for how vertical /
> horizontal resolution limits are calculated and enforced (it is a lot more
> relaxed now).
>
>   http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2/pvrusb2.html

Hi,

I just want to say that I'm running a 2.6.18-rc6 with pvrusb2 kernel mainline
code  and that everthing works like a charm (using the lastest xawtv snapshot).

I have one question :
I can use diff (of course ;)) but I would like to know what is the pvrusb2
mainline policy.
Is lastest pvrusb2 version the 2.6.18-rc6 once or the lastest one available on
your website? How long do you plan to maintain these two trees?
As pvrusb2 is now in the kernel, I will be much harder to introduce test purpose
patches. Do you plan to release patches against in-kernel code?
Stop me if I'm fully wrong please :)

Xavier