[pvrusb2] /dev/vbi0 missing?

Michael Caldera finalhit at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 15:51:02 CDT 2006

I seem to be at my wit's end here. I'm a linux newbie, and with some stroke
of luck, i think i actually manage to install the driver.

I installed standalone driver, and i have extracted the firmware and placed
it in /lib/firmware. did all the modprobing, and i do now have /dev/video0 .
I tried

cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/test.mpg

and it seems to be streaming data...albeit, static...but i think it's cause
it's not set to a channel properly.

when i use mplayer /dev/video0 i also get the same effect.

i do get errors however when i run them from terminal
____________
Cannot seek backward in linear streams!
Seek failed
Cannot seek backward in linear streams!
Seek failed
Win32 LoadLibrary failed to load: avisynth.dll,
/usr/lib/codecs/avisynth.dll, /usr/lib/win32/avisynth.dll,
/usr/local/lib/win32/avisynth.dll
___________
open: No such file or directory
Couldn't open: /dev/mga_vid
open: No such file or directory
Couldn't open: /dev/mga_vid
[VO_TDFXFB] Can't open /dev/fb0: No such file or directory.

also, when i use TVtime, it's looking for
/dev/dvi0

any help? i've been working on this for 3 days now...seems like i'm really
stuck. (also please keep in mind i'm a linux newbie)