[pvrusb2] encoder firmware reload

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Fri Sep 22 13:09:05 CDT 2006

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006, Andreas Korinek wrote:

> On Friday 22 September 2006 18:38, Andreas Korinek wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've installed the current snapshot now and am testing if the problem
> > occurs.
>
> It happened again, during a channel switch.

OK.  Just to be crystal clear:  You're saying not just that the driver
tried to reload the firmware, but that the reload actually failed,
correct?

No progress here yet on reproducing it, but that's mainly because I had to
build a new kernel and track down the previously mentioned circular lock
dependency problem first.

One other clue that might be useful is to modify the driver's error
statement there to print out the actual detected file size.