[pvrusb2] in-kernel driver & corrupt video

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Thu Sep 28 23:34:36 CDT 2006

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006, Rick Immel wrote:

> I re-installed the in-kernel driver and checked the value of
> /sys/class/pvrusb2/sn-*/ctl_resolution_hor/cur_val.  It was 720.  The
> ctl_resolution_ver/cur_val equals 480.  The video is corrupted as
> described above.  I again installed the standalone driver and these
> resolution values are the same.  The video is now good again.  So I
> don't think this is the horizontal capture resolution problem.  Any
> other ideas?

Arggh!

No, I don't have any other ideas at the moment.  In both cases, the
cx2341x module should be handling the encoder and the other chips are all
directly dealt with by their corresponding chip-level drivers which don't
change (presuming that you just swapped out pvrusb2.ko).

I will have to do some experiments here to chase this.

Anyone else seeing this?