[pvrusb2] question regarding ivtv

devsk funtoos at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 18 18:28:10 CDT 2007

Is the ivtv module required for the pvrusb2 driver to work correctly? Do the ivtv utilities only work if ivtv is modprobed?

It figures in lsmod but I am not sure if it is needed or not. The reason for asking is that ivtv is a maintenance headache and its use collides with other requirements in my system e.g. mplayer wants older kernel-headers if ivtv is in use but other packages want newer kernel-headers
 package. Not to mention I have to rebuild it every time I change my kernel.

Thanks,
-devsk