[pvrusb2] New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20070428

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sat Apr 28 16:46:54 CDT 2007

A new pvrusb2 snapshot is available.  Mainly this is a bunch of little
things, plus the ability to disable IR reception, and some tweaks for
PAL-60 support.  Change history:

  (+) Implement module option to prevent IR reception on a per
      instance basis.  This is useful in situations where there are
      multiple tuners and we only want to designate one tuner as the
      one with the IR receiver.

  (+) Implement a few encoder tweaks to better support PAL-60.
      Changes are from Servaas Vandenberghe.

  (+) Stop using sysfs class attribute owner fields for kernels newer
      than 2.6.21.  This is apparently no longer needed for newer
      kernsl and kernel developers are trying to get rid of this
      entanglement.

  (+) Fix build issue in 2.6.21; a feature had been patched in that I
      had not expected until 2.6.22.  Thanks to Mark Brand for
      spotting and fixing this.

  (+) Reorganize pvrusb2-options.h a bit for better maintainability.

  (+) Convert usage of a semaphore into a mutex (a mutex is more
      efficient).  This comes from a kernel janitor.

As usual, the pvrusb2 web site can be found at:

  http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2/pvrusb2.html