[pvrusb2] New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20070828

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Tue Aug 28 22:36:40 CDT 2007

A new pvrusb2 snapshot is available.  I know it's been quite a long
time.  However there's nothing earth-shattering here.

Summary of changes (in no particular order):

  (+) Do a better job at guessing the initial video standard to set,
      based upon which standards the device reports it can be handle.
      Also log this information with a separate debug mask control
      bit.

  (+) Fix oops that might happen if a devices fails to correctly
      initialize (missing a null pointer check).

  (+) Improve code which discriminates device types, so that it will
      be easier to add other types.  This is just a minor cleanup, not
      a refactoring.

  (+) Implement programmatic mechanism to allow direct retrieval of
      device ROM contents.

  (+) Update use of cx2341x module to match changed API for kernel
      2.6.24 or later or when built against v4l-dvb.

I have in the works some more pervasive changes that will impact the
strategy for how/when the mpeg encoder is stopped / started.  This has
the potential to further improve video stability - or it might screw
things up.  But I figured it best to get out a snapshot with the above
relatively minor changes first...

As usual, the pvrusb2 web site can be found at:

  http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2/pvrusb2.html