[pvrusb2] testing pvrusb2

Abe Shan lba777 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 01:23:20 CST 2007

Following Mike's advice, I RMA-ed the product and installed a UPS-backed
supply. Now, I can watch the live TV on mythtv with pvrusb2. However, every
five minutes or so, mythbackend barfs the following error --

2007-01-31 23:17:07.647 MPEGRec(/dev/video0) Error: error reading from:
/dev/video0
                        eno: Input/output error (5)
2007-01-31 23:17:10.611 TVRec(1): Changing from WatchingLiveTV to None
2007-01-31 23:17:12.647 MPEGRec(/dev/video0) Error: select timeout - ivtv
driver has stopped responding

I have checked the /var/log/message and the pvrusb2 does not log any errors.
If I hardware reset the device and then restart mythbackend/frontend, I can
watch TV again.

But this is occurring so frequently that it is impossible to enjoy watching.

Am I missing some configuration settings? Or are there any clear debugging
paths worth pursuing?

abe