[pvrusb2] Installation problem

philippe cordel pcordel at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 4 07:57:47 CST 2007

I am a very newbie to Linux and I unfortunately own a WinTV-PVR-USB2 29xxxx serie.

I succeeded to extact the firmware and copied the four files in /lib/firmware
I copied file pvrusb2.ko to /lib/modules

When I try to run TVtime I get

TVtime says no singal and pvrusb2: invalid argument cannot open capture device on /dev/video0

What seems strange to me is that I have no /dev/video directory
I am not sure to understand if I have something to do with v4l
Any idea ?Thanks

PS I have a fresh install of Ubuntu Edgy