[pvrusb2] FW: pvrusb2 Digest, Vol 17, Issue 1

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Fri Jan 5 21:10:37 CST 2007

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, philippe cordel wrote:

> Hi Mike (hope it's better here : perhaps hotmail.com does not like Ubuntu :-)Things are getting better !I moved pvrusb2.ko from /lib/modules to /lib/modules/2.6.17-10-generic/pvrusb2and the driver loadsWhen I try xawtv I no longer get an error :    carella at salon-ubuntu:~$ xawtv -hwscan    This is xawtv-3.95, running on Linux/x86_64 (2.6.17-10-generic)    looking for available devices    port 57-88        type : Xvideo, image scaler        name : NV Video Blitter    /dev/video0: OK                         [ -device /dev/video0 ]        type : v4l2        name : Hauppauge WinTV pvr-usb2        flags:  capture tuner I don't succeed yet to get an image on any channel but I think the driver is OKThank youAny other advice would be greatBest regardsPhilippeFrom: pcordel at hotmail.comTo: pvrusb2 at isely.netSubject: RE: pvrusb2 Digest, Vol 17, Issue 1Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 18:19:41 +0100

Well no, it's still a mash-up.  Am I the only one here seeing this mess
of a message?  However in the spirit of trying to help, I tried to guess
where the line breaks should be.  This is what I came up with:

<CUT>
[...]

</CUT>

Commenting on the above:

Moving the pvrusb2.ko into the correct spot in the module tree (i.e.
anywhere under /lib/modules/`uname -r`) is definitely going to help.
Glad you got past that :-)

As for what you need to do next, well the version of xawtv you are using
is too old.  You need a 4.x version, and you will unfortunately likely
have to build it yourself.  The problem is that xawtv 3.x doesn't know
how to render mpeg data, which is what this driver produces.  There are
a few gotchas in this process of building the later version.  This is
documented in the pvrusb2 web pages.  See here for more info:

http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2/usage.html#V4L

As for other advice, I have one suggestion:  Find a mail client that
knows how to format e-mail.  I'd start by avoiding anything that
Microsoft might have touched 8-)  (hotmail?  yuck...)