[pvrusb2] lirc_i2c issues with pvrusb2 (possible hardware change)

Ryan Schmitz rrschmitz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 11:08:45 CST 2007

OMG guys, thank you so much.

I believe the original problem was I didn't realize the pvrusb2 was included
in the kernel, so when I first installed the 1227 driver, it was not
overlaying the kernel driver.  I did as you suggested and removed the
pvrusb2 included with the kernel and updated with the 1/14 driver, and
bingo, the remote is working.

Sorry if I wasted any of your time, and thank you soo much for helping out
an inexperienced linux guy.  One good thing thats come out of this is I've
learned a lot about linux in a short time because of this.

Thanks again,
Ryan