[pvrusb2] lirc_i2c issues with pvrusb2 (possible hardware change)

roger roger at eskimo.com
Wed Jan 17 02:54:19 CST 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 09:40 -0600, Mike Isely wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, Ryan Schmitz wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to say, my IR support for pvrusb2 is not working
again.  Shame on me for not balking down and troubleshooting, but I
haven't watched much TV in the past months. :-/

The reason for the breakage within the past six months has usually been
a result of the lirc not being provided a ./configure time variable (ie.
ivtv support) prior to be being compiled here on Gentoo.

I've notified the Lirc ebuild maintainer and pretty much got shot for
doing so because he augmented the ebuild probably minutes before I filed
the bug. <shrugs> :-/

(My two cents, Lirc can be tricky to work with.  I'm guessing people are
quickly migrating towards Bluetooth?)

Don't feel too bad Ryan, things should just work -- for example, Mike's
pvrusb2 driver "Just Works". ;-)

--
Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html