[pvrusb2] pvrusb2-mci-20070114 radio support - stereo?

Pantelis pakt223 at freemail.gr
Fri Jan 19 14:49:49 CST 2007

> > This could very well be a bug in the V4L chip-level driver for the
> > demodulator.  Or it could be that the FM radio simply doesn't work in
> > stereo (which would be rather astounding).  There are a few other leads
> > to chase here.  I'm going to try this same experiment under Windows.
> > If someone would like to try that first, I'd welcome hearing about the
> > result.
[ snip ]
> OK, I installed the USB2 onto a WinXP laptop. The WinTV Radio program is
> stereo. A red STEREO 'led' lights up, and there's a MONO toggle button
> that does what it says. My original package just says "FM radio
> receiver". It doesn't mention stereo (but their web site does).

I can confirm that under windows the WinTV Radio program does stereo
and even autodetects which stations broadcast stereo vs mono (not
everybody broadcasts stereo here). Unfortunately I cannot test that under
linux since my test system does not have any speakers and I 'm testing
with a *single* headphone (the one attached to a close-talk mic). So no
chance of testing whether it sounds like stereo. (Otherwise I would probably
have caught this earlier). This is for a model 29034.

So, it is either a bug in the demodulator, or we are missing some bit
of (initialization?) code or doing something different. In any case, this
needs more investigation.