[pvrusb2] pvrusb2-mci-20070114 radio support - stereo?

Pantelis pakt223 at freemail.gr
Sat Jan 20 10:59:02 CST 2007

> But, my PVR-150 was MONO until I booted WinXP, ran the WinTV-Radio
> program, and then booted back into Linux. Doesn't this suggest there is
> still a problem in ivtv?
>
> Mind you, I still get mono from the USB2 even with the new patch.

So, to get the facts straight, if you shutdown the system (pull the plug)
now and then just boot to linux with no intermediate booting to windows
you have MONO sound *both* in ivtv and pvrusb2?

If that is the case and booting to windows and running Wintv Radio is
neccessary to get the ivtv driver to output stereo this should probably
indicate that the windows driver is setting something that the linux
driver doesn 't even touch. So, in that case we have:

1) The bug is an "onion bug", we have to peel and cry some more.

2) The released fix is still not relevant for ivtv, but the real bug probably
is.

back to the drawing board (I wish I could help nail this one!),
-Pantelis