[pvrusb2] pvrusb2-mci-20070114 radio support - stereo?

Rick Macdonald rickm at timshel.ca
Thu Jan 25 18:15:45 CST 2007

Pantelis wrote:
> What you can try:
> Have the two computers close enough, so that whether you connect to one
> or the other, the antenna stays on the same place.
>
> Tune to *exactly* the same station. If you still hear mono+hiss to one while
> it is stereo in the other, then play with stereo_threshold to see if that
> changes anything.

The laptop and desktop are side-by-side, so I don't have to touch
anything except the USB cable (and my headphones) when I switch
back-and-forth.  Same station. The PVR-USB2 plays stereo when the USB
cable goes to the laptop, so the signal strength would seem to be OK.

On the desktop, the pvrusb2 gets mono+hiss when I echo Stereo to the
ctl_audio_mode, and mono+nohiss when I echo Mono to ctl_audio_mode.

On the laptop, the pvrusb2 gets stereo+hiss when I echo Stereo to the
ctl_audio_mode, and mono+nohiss when I echo Mono to ctl_audio_mode.

...RickM...