[pvrusb2] pvrusb2-mci-20070114 radio support - stereo?

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sat Jan 27 00:21:27 CST 2007

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007, Rick Macdonald wrote:

> Mike Isely wrote:
> >> In light of this, what is the next step?
> >>

> > The modules you are working with (msp3400, tuner, tda9887) have been
> > evolving quite a bit since 2.6.15.  Quite likely something has been
> > busted along the way.  I do know that msp3400 underwent a bunch of
> > changes after 2.6.15 in order to fix problems with stereo / SAP decoding
> > in NTSC.  (However don't get your hopes up with that because in radio
> > mode msp3400 is not the part decoding the audio.)
> >
> > I will listen to things here again and see if I can discern any problems
> > using my 2.6.18.1 kernel build.
> >
> If we've narrowed it down to those modules, does it now make sense that
> the PVR-150 works but not the PVR-USB2?

Well one possible explanation is that there's something different that
ivtv is doing to its modules that pvrusb2 is not doing.  Another
explanation is that the PVR-150 hardware is different - there could be a
different tuner module there, it might be using a cx25840 instead of the
msp3400+saa7115 combo on your PVR-USB2 device.  (You might have
mentioned that before and I'm forgetting...)