[pvrusb2] pvrusb2 & USB/IP

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Thu Jul 26 13:33:51 CDT 2007

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007, Olivier Oswald wrote:

> Thanx for the detailed explaination. I think this should be handled by
> usb/ip.
>
> I'll try to implement some kind of "keepalive" feature in the usb/ip kernel
> modules: when a device disappears from the USB bus but reappears again
> within a configurable timeout, its IP tunnel is not disconnected. it should,
> however, disappear and reappear on the client (the computer that uses the
> USB device over IP), otherwise drivers might get confused if the expect a
> device to reset itself (as pvrusb2 probably does).

Yes, definitely you want it to also reconnect on the client side as
well.  Not just for "completeness" but because it's at connect time when
the device's configuration must be read out and a device which
disconnects and reconnects must be treated as an entirely new device
with possibly different configuration information.  So the client *must*
be able to see this disconnect / reconnect.