[pvrusb2] Jumpy Video in Mythtv

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Mon Jun 25 00:09:12 CDT 2007

Mark:

There were some driver fixes that addressed video stability back around
December 2006.  The standalone drivers since then have of course
included that fix and the in-kernel driver from 2.6.21 onwards has the
fix.  That particular fix IIRC was also backported into a point-release
of 2.6.20 but I don't remember off the top of my head at what point it
was introduced.

Can you please verify which pvrusb2 driver version you are running?
Did you pull down a standalone snapshot or is it whatever came with your
kernel (what kernel version?) or did you install a v4l-dvb snapshot?

  -Mike

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007, Mark Goldberg wrote:

> I also posted this to the myth users list but was suggested to post here.
>
> I've installed a WinTV-PVR-USB2 on a FC 6 ATRPMs Myth System,
> everything updated. The cd from the box could not be read, so firmware
> is from pvrusb2_inf_24117.zip downloaded from the Hauppauge web site.
> The problem is that the video is jumpy,
> maybe a couple of times a second, repetitively. If you look on an
> input (S Video) with a news crawl along the bottom, you can see it
> jump. The audio also seems to not be synced with the video sometimes.
> I've tried a few settings in the /sys/class/pvrusb2 tree, but could
> find nothing that affects it so far. I'm using an S video input from a
> directv reciever, at 720x480. Any help or suggestions would be
> appreciated. DMESG is as follows:

   [...]