[pvrusb2] Jumpy Video in Mythtv

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 11:25:39 CDT 2007

On 6/25/07, Mike Isely <isely at isely.net> wrote:

> The in-kernel driver from 2.6.20 had a video corruption issue.  I don't
> know how Fedora updates those kernels; if they pull changes from later
> point releases then it might be OK, but let's assume not.
>
> I recommend you try again building the standalone driver - just build it
> against the kernel you're already running.  The output of the build will

I built the driver from your snapshot as shown below.

usbcore: registered new interface driver pvrusb2
<path deleted>/pvrusb2-main.c: Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-USB2 MPEG2
Encoder/Tuner : 20070428a (from www.isely.net)
<path deleted>/pvrusb2-main.c: Debug mask is 15 (0xf)

It is somewhat better but still is not smooth. Before it crashed and
it has not since I built from your snapshot. Is the firmware a good
one? (from pvrusb2_inf_24117.zip). I could not get one from the CD
that came with it. I can capture a few seconds of video to a .mpg file
and email it, if that is what you mean by a click. I can also boot to
XP and see how it does with the driver it came from. Then, I could try
to capture the firmware. Let me know what you suggest.
I'm not uncomfortable modifying code and rebuilding kernel modules, so
if there are any suggestions to help debug, i could do that too.

Mark