[pvrusb2] First Impressions with a Hauppauge WInTV HVR-950

roger roger at eskimo.com
Sun Mar 18 16:43:15 CDT 2007

I didn't like it for the simple reason there was no choice to use an
onboard encoder (ie. Mpeg2 or Divx).  All video/audio encoding is done
using the host's cpu resources.  And doing so, requires a 2+ Ghz cpu!

Yikes.  (And the tiny device does use it if you're still wondering.)

I just hope, Hauppauge is just gearing up to do a HVR style pvrusb2
device, and oh yea, pays Mike lots of money to both, manage it's driver
and it's front end software. :-)

Another item on the wish list would be using a choice of codecs instead
of only having an MPEG2 stream.

--
Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html