[pvrusb2] First Impressions with a Hauppauge WInTV HVR-950

roger roger at eskimo.com
Tue Mar 20 14:06:47 CDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 10:51 -0700, michael papet wrote:
> How did you get it to work?  Hotplug/UDEV did not recognize it until I found
> some v4l2 drivers that implement the dvb mode plus specific firmware.

First of all, I used windows. :-/

The reasoning, I only have a 2x750P3 w/ 1G Ram here... and the laptop,
1Ghz P3... so far short of the required 2+ Ghz cpu that mungy puppy
requires!

>From my experience, I could only get NTSC analog and not the Digital
ATSC working.  I could scan/tune all those channels, but scanning the
Digital ATSC spectrum resulted in the windows software... basically
borking without even telling me because the gui kept running but w/o any
displayed errors.  (Typical Windows behavior <-- insert trademark here.)

I'm guessing, the windows drivers or the tuner program for ATSC might
have been compiled for the 2Ghz cpu and might be faulting.  Who knows.
Basically anything could be going on here without decent error stdout to
look at.

> The
> NTSC (USA-cable) image was a mess and the autoscan for channels in mythtv
> didn't work either.  I just gave up after that.
>
> I'd like to know if you did something different.  I'm on Debian Etch, with
> an Intel graphics chip that creates some v4l2 issues.

Yea... you don't have a windows install around? :-)

--
Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html

Tue Mar 20 12:06:46 PDT 2007