[pvrusb2] MPEG1 stream type

Frédéric Jouault f.jouault at gmail.com
Sat May 19 15:14:18 CDT 2007

Hello,

Has anybody been able to get an MPEG1 stream from a pvrusb2 device under Linux?

Under Windows, with VLC, I was able to get such a stream and send it
to a MPEG1 player, which does not support MPEG2.

However, when I play with the settings in
/sys/class/pvrusb2/sn-xxxxxxx/ (especially ctl_stream_type), although
I manage to get something that looks like MPEG1, the video is
distorted.

Before doing any further investigation (I must admit I do not even
have the latest version of the driver installed), I would like to know
if this is supposed to work or not ;-).

Thanks,

Frédéric