[pvrusb2] Input from composite

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sun May 20 16:18:19 CDT 2007

On Sun, 20 May 2007, Mika Sipponen wrote:

> I have a system in which I am using wintv pvr2 with a digibox. So the wintv
> gets its input from composite: video in Mplayer is very fine but the sound not
> so good. If I use the antenna as input the sound is good but the video not so
> good.
>
> So what can I do the make the sound better using composite as input?

When you say "not so good", what do you mean?  Too quiet, too loud,
nothing there, distortion, lack of separation?

When using the composite or s-video input the audio is expected to be
sent in through the audio input jacks.  The fact that audio via antenna
reception is fine means that everything in the software downstream of
the driver is OK.

I'd try feeding another source into that audio input just to see if you
can affect things.  For example - plug a CD player in there and check
the sound quality that way.