[pvrusb2] Accessing 2nd tuner on PVR-USB2?

Brett Granger bdgranger at alum.mit.edu
Wed Oct 3 13:41:09 CDT 2007

Hopefully this is not a trivially simple question, but I haven't been
able to find any hints in various mailing lists or google searches...

I have a new WinTV PVR-USB2 (of the 24xx flavor) and am trying to use
with with an Ubuntu Feisty system (kernel 2.6.20-16)

When I plug the device into the USB bus, dmesg indicates that it is
recognized, a bunch of modules are loaded, and /dev/video0 and
/dev/radio0 are created.  If I then use vlc from the command line ('vlc
pvr:/dev/video0:frequency=<XXXXXX>'), I am able to watch video right off
the device.  I assume this is coming from tuner 0 on the device?

My question is: how do i access the 2nd tuner?  If I wanted to run 2 VLC
windows watching 2 different channels, is it possible?  There is no
/dev/video1 device?  I presume that if I wanted to use mythtv or freevo
to access both tuners, it should be doable?

Thanks for any pointers,
--Brett