[pvrusb2] Problems getting PVR USB2 working on debian etch

Tue Sep 4 13:37:49 CDT 2007

Mike Isely wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Eric A. Bonney wrote:
>

>> I am running kernal 2.6.18-5, debian etch. I have installed the firmware
>> and followed the items on the website but I am still not able to get my
>> device working. I know it is being seen by the system as I see it in the
>> logs. I was wondering if there is anything I need to do in order to get
>> this working on my system? Do I need to recompile the kernel to get the
>> driver support or is it there already?
>>

> Eric:
>
> I need more information to diagnose this.  A copy of the part of your
> dmesg output where the device is being seen would be very helpful.  We
> need to determine at what stage things are going wrong for you.
>
>   -Mike

Thanks Mike..

I am heading out for a run right now. I should be back in about an hour
and then I can get the dmesg stuff mailed out. I am 100% sure that it is
something I have either done or not done. :) I am relatively new with
Linux, but I have embraced it entirely...I only have one windows machine
left and it soon will be running Linux also. MythTV is my last project
that I need to get up and running and then I will be complete. I
appreciate the offer for help and I will be back with you guys shortly.

-Eric