[pvrusb2] Wintv PVR USB2 - no signal

Daniel Pope dan at meatychunks.co.uk
Thu Dec 11 17:36:08 CST 2008

Thanks for your quick reply.

No further message about the cx2341x firmware.

I tried recording the stream to an mpeg file but, as you predicted, I
ended up with an empty file.

I confess I didn't try the sysfs thing - I've managed to avoid getting
to involved with the driver up to now - but did try the connection with
xawTV. Oddly, when starting xawTV I saw a light appear on the box that
I'd not seen before... However, I could get no signal on composite
despite plugging my DVD player into it. A quick dmesg | tail -n 50
revealed no record of the box, so I powered down the Wintv unit and
started it up again. The message below then appeared on checking, but
xawTV wouldn't run - the terminal told me it couldn't get access to the
device at /dev/video0.

I've tried this a couple of times with no luck and, given my experiences
in both Windows and Linux, I get the distinct impression I'm flogging a
dead horse here. I appreciate your help - any last ideas before I get
back to my ebay seller..?

Many thanks again,

Dan