[pvrusb2] Brand new HVR-1950 - no IR device!

Nat Tellin nat.tellin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 18:06:24 CDT 2008

HVR-1950 support seems to be a bit new. I had to compile from a
snapshot to get a working module.

The meat of the device seems to be detected ok. Still getting MythTV
set up though.

My issue is that no IR device gets created.
 tveeprom 1-00a2: has radio, has IR receiver, has IR transmitter
from dmesg looks promising, but there are no i2c or lirc related
messages after that, and nothing shows up in /dev.

This unit just arrived today. Maybe they're playing revision games
again or maybe I'm missing something obvious.

What info would you like or what should I try?

Thanks.