[pvrusb2] WinTV PVR USB2 MIA under Open SuSE 11

Steven Karp skarp at mysk.org
Tue Jul 29 16:50:40 CDT 2008

On Monday 28 July 2008 at 07:46 am, Mike Isely wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, Boris Epstein wrote:
> > Just upgaded to OpenSuSE 11 and my PVR USB2 (29022 series) has gone
> > missing. The message which has accompanied that has accompanied that
> > even reads as follows:

> > The kernel I am running is:
> > Linux vorkuta 2.6.25.11-0.1-pae #1 SMP 2008-07-13 20:48:28 +0200 i686
> > i686 i386 GNU/Linux
>
> I have a 29022 device (older than the 29032 that is more common).  I'll
> try it on the 2.6.25 vanilla kernel and verify that it still works.
> Earliest chance I will get is tomorrow night however.  I'm not a Suse
> user so I can't comment on anything about the Suse installation.  If
> there's someone else here who is a Suse user, perhaps he/she can chime
> in?

I am a Suse 11 user.  I've got a 29032 which is working fine here.  I've also
upgraded to the current Suse kernel (2.6.25.11-0.1-default in my case); the
big difference I think is that I'm running the x86_64 version.

I did a normal upgrade from Suse 10.3, and am using the V4L in-tree version of
the driver.  I didn't need to re-extract the firmware, but haven't checked
whether my original firmware was carried forward or replaced.

	S.
--
The New Testament offers the basis for modern computer coding theory,
in the form of an affirmation of the binary number system.

	But let your communication be Yea, yea; nay, nay: for
	whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
		-- Matthew 5:37