[pvrusb2] New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20080210

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 13:41:59 CDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 11:18 AM, Mike Isely <isely at isely.net> wrote:

>  I can tell you however that it's the programming of the video digitizer
>  that should be affecting this.  That is controlled by either saa7115.ko
>  or cx25840.ko (depending on if you are using a 29xxx or a 24xxx device,
>  respectively).  The pvrusb2 driver itself doesn't directly set up
>  details like that - it just tells the module "use video standard XYZ and
>  I want the capture resolution to be H x V", the rest is pretty much up
>  to the module (i.e. saa7115.ko or cx25840.ko).  This is why I'm doubtful
>  that recent pvrusb2 driver changes could be responsible.  This
>  unfortunately doesn't align with your observations, so I really have no
>  idea what is going on here.

It's a cx25840.

How can I see what is getting passed? When is it done? I can do some debugging.

If you remember the order of module loading changed on my system with the new
snapshot and I have to add video_nr=2 to get it to load at the right
time. Maybe the
load order is keeping it from intiializing at the right time or maybe
it is getting initialized
again wrong. Or, is the initialization at capture time?

Mark