[pvrusb2] New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20080210

roger roger at eskimo.com
Sun Mar 9 17:33:40 CDT 2008

FYI: Just read this quickly and noted you wanting to upgrade to
mythtv-0.21.  Mythtv-0.21 is still HARD MASKED within Gentoo's Portage
build system.  If it were just masked by keywords to prevent bringing
into a stable system, I'd upgrade also with minimal problems.  HOWEVER.
Being hard-masked means something is more then likely broken and needs
work. (ie. one or more severe bug report filed on bugs.gentoo.org)

Be informed.  Be forewarned. ;-)

For kicks, I'm going to browse bugs.gentoo.org for mythtv-0.21 related
bug reports  ... knowing mythtv's history and Gentoo's masking history,
something probably *is* severely broken.

Seems just yesterday mythtv went stable with 0.21 too... but still,
knowing mythtv's past history, something usually does break... such as
having to rebuild mythtv's mysql database ... worse case scenario,
installing new or from scratch!