[pvrusb2] Video standards [was: New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20080210]

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 01:44:50 CDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 9:25 PM, Mike Isely <isely at isely.net> wrote:

>  Video standard handling is, well, kind of messy.  It used to be a lot
>  worse with this driver; I've tried to improve matters over time.  Maybe

>  Hope this helps.

Thanks for all that info. It will take a while to digest.

>  > I got mythtv upgraded to .21 also. It was not too painful.
>
>  I'm still going to wait a while.  Been burned too much in the past to
>  jump right away...

Actually it went very well. The new deinterlacers, especially Yadif 2x
really improves SD scaling and the only thing that seems
to be broken so far is playing DVD .isos crashes the front end. My
built in NV6150 video is hopelessly too slow to use the opengl
renderers.

>  I don't have any specific suggestions WRT the cx25840 module itself, but
>  perhaps the above information should at least make the pvrusb2 driver's
>  role in this more transparent.  See above :-)
>
>   -Mike

Thanks, I'll read the stuff a few times and see what I can come up with.

Mark