[pvrusb2] Mac Mini & pvrusb2

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Wed Mar 12 17:22:28 CDT 2008

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008, Santiago Almenara wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've using my Hauppauge PVR-USB2 24xxxx for a while and it is working
> like a charm. I am thinking in buying an Intel Mac Mini Core 2 Duo
> 1.83 Ghz and 2.0 GB of RAM.
>
> I know I can install Linux on it but I don't know if the pvrusb2
> device will work on it, though... have anyone tried??

Roger's response is pretty much on the money.

If you are already booting Linux on the machine, and assuming that you
have working USB ports there in Linux (can't think of a reason why you
wouldn't), then there should be no problem with the pvrusb2 driver and
the device should work.

isely @ pobox (dot) com