[pvrusb2] Maybe what a I really want is a Hauppauge HD PVR!?

roger roger at eskimo.com
Sun May 25 23:24:07 CDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-05-25 at 12:26 -0500, Mike Isely wrote:
> On Sat, 17 May 2008, roger wrote:

> What hard drive?  I've never heard the device having a hard drive in it.
> What I know is that this is just another video capture device - that
> just happens to grab HD quality and encode to h.264.

cr*p!  Reread and this is where i was mislead, "Two hours of HD
recordings, recorded at 5 Mbits/sec, can be burnt onto a standard 4.7
GByte DVD-R or DVD-RW disk for playback on a Blu-ray DVD player."

You're right, it seems to export the live stream via USB?

But, noticed this within the Specs:
"Note: the playback of high definition H.264 requires a fast CPU and at
least 256MB of graphics memory"

Is the only difference between the two newly released ATSC recorders,
one exports MPEG2 and the other exports h.264 (aka MPEG-4 AVC)?  (Also
noting the additional connectors for in & out processing.)

Guess I'll have to wait awhile to see the results of recording on lower
processor platforms.

--
Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html