[pvrusb2] pvrusb2 Digest, Vol 33, Issue 15

rja at firkraag.rogera.net rja at firkraag.rogera.net
Fri May 30 12:27:08 CDT 2008

On Fri, 30 May 2008, Tina Ning wrote:

> If I have multiply pvrusb2 devices, one is
> /dev/video0, another is /dev/video1, how can I get its
> serial number from application layer? Is there any
> ioctl apis or other api for me to get such information
> that match to different video devices?

This mythtv wiki entry explains how to solve the generic problem
with multiple video devices using udev:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Device_Filenames_and_udev

The mythtv wiki entry only works with a single WinTV-PVR-USB2.
For multiple WinTV-PVR-USB2 devices, my recent email contains a
udev rule and a shell script that shows how to do this with
Fedora 8:

http://www.isely.net/pipermail/pvrusb2/2008-May/001821.html

The mythtv wiki entry is probably easer to understand than
my rambling email.

--
Roger J. Allen                                     rja {at] rogera.net