[pvrusb2] PAL-Plus support

Bjorn Danielsson pvr-usb2 at dax.nu
Fri Nov 7 10:16:09 CST 2008

Carsten Meier <cm at trexity.de> wrote:
>[...]
> All that is needed is a framebuffer (which the PVRUSB2 has) and a
> little bit of logic to "unhide" the lines and to put them in sequence.
> (I'm not an expert on this, just my guess... ;) )
> Doing that in software on decoding of the MPEG stream is not possible
> because the additional information is already lost.

OK, I think it would need at least firmware support to do this
inside the pvrusb2 device.

And I'm not sure that the information gets lost after encoding
to MPEG2, doesn't it use YUV for color? If it were RGB all black
pixels would of course be (0,0,0) but black YUV pixels could keep
the non-zero "U" component where the hidden data is stored.
At least in theory.

--
Bjorn Danielsson  <pvr-usb2 at dax.nu>