[pvrusb2] Intrepid Ibex and pvrusb2

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Fri Nov 7 13:11:59 CST 2008

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 2:00 PM, roccomoretti <roccomoretti at hotpop.com> wrote:
> the bcpino wrote:
>> Hello people:
>>
>> Recently, I upgraded from Ubuntu 7.10 to Ubuntu 8.10. The problem is that my
>> pvrusb2 that used to work great, it isn't working anymore. I have even to
>> disconnect it before I boot my system
>
> This is probably the USB reset issue discussed previously
> (http://www.isely.net/pipermail/pvrusb2/2008-October/001918.html).
> Although recent pvrusb2 drivers have it fixed, the fix isn't yet in the
> Intrepid repositories.
>
>  From the above mail:
>
>> Turn off the pvrusb2 module parameter "initusbreset".
>>
>> Said another way, just do this before you plug in the device for the
>> first time:
>>
>>   modprobe pvrusb2 initusbreset=0
>>
>> Alternatively, putting the following into a file anywhere under
>> /etc/modprobe.d/ should work even better:
>>
>>   options pvrusb2 initusbreset=0
>>
>> That causes udev to set this parameter for you whenever the driver gets
>> loaded.
>
> Hope that helps.

The issue has been found and fixed, already.  The fix has been merged
into the 2.6.27.y stable kernel series.

Please file a bug in Ubuntu's Launchpad bug tracker against the
Intrepid Ibex kernel -- the Ubuntu kernel maintainers will eventually
pull in the fix from the 2.6.27.y stable kernel series, but they wont
know it's required until they see your bug report.

Regards,

Mike Krufky