[pvrusb2] pvrusb2: Unknown parameter `initusbreset'

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Tue Nov 25 23:07:04 CST 2008

Yes that's exactly it.

With the 2.6.27 kernel the pvrusb2 driver's use of USB reset was no
longer safe.  The immediate workaround at the time was to use
initusbreset=0 to force off the reset.  The actual fix is the complete
removal of the reset and with that removal the module parameter went
away as well.

The online documentation for the pvrusb2 driver mentions this change.
Go here:

http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2/usage.html#Logging

and read the paragraph about initusbreset.

  -Mike

isely @ pobox (dot) com