[pvrusb2] pvrusb2 and 2.6.27 - No device

Bjorn Danielsson pvr-usb2 at dax.nu
Sat Oct 18 13:21:35 CDT 2008

Bent Lykkebo <linux at bent-lykkebo.dk> wrote:
>[...]
> I think it's a USB Core problem, because if I attach my pvrusb2 I get
> the same as devsk, the firmware is not loaded and it's not working! If I
> then disconnect it, I can't use any USB devices anymore, because the USB
> connect or disconnect doesn't work anymore, the USB core seems to be
> locked. I have seen the problem in Ubuntu 8.10 beta and Mandriva2009,
> both using the 2.6.27 kernel. Made a bug report to Ubuntu kernel team a
> long time ago, but no luck yet, so maybe we will not be able to use our
> pvrusb2 devices in the upcoming Ubuntu 8.10 ;-(

Are you running an intel/uhci or an amd/ohci system?

I have had problems with recent kernels (2.6.26.3, 2.6.26.5, 2.6.27-rc7)
with usb on a new amd-phenom machine. Read errors, hung devices etc.
The problem went away when I disconnected my monitor hub. It didn't
matter if anything was actually connected to the hub, having the hub
plugged in was enough to kill all the other usb traffic. But the same
hub works perfectly well when connected to an old intel machine running
2.6.25.5.

Note: the above-mentioned usb problems have nothing to do with pvrusb2,
any usb device (flash stick, disk drive, etc) triggered it.

--
Bjorn Danielsson  <pvr-usb2 at dax.nu>