[pvrusb2] IR Blaster Support?

Dan Bodoh dan.bodoh at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 08:01:19 CDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 10:32 PM, Mike Isely <isely at isely.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Oct 2008, Dan Bodoh wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 12:20 PM, Mike Isely <isely at isely.net> wrote:
>> > There's nothing the pvrusb2 driver does to help or hinder IR blaster
>> > support.  However it should work provided you have the right LIRC driver
>> > in use.  All the pvrusb2 driver does is act as a communication conduit
>> > to the IR blaster hardware within the device, but it's up to another
>> > driver (i.e. LIRC) to make use of it.

Thanks for the info - I found some of that in the archives last night,
but your write-up makes it very clear.

Using google, I find several people asking about how to make the
irblaster work, but no reports of it actually working on this device.

Does anyone on the list know if the pvr150 uses the same ir
receiver/transmitter chip as the IR-blaster-enabled Wintv-pvr-usb2?
There's a pvr150 driver with lirc that I've been experimenting with.

Sounds like it's time to dig into the lirc mail list archives.

Dan Bodoh