[pvrusb2] Grabster AV 400

Tobias Seiler tobi at themaster.de
Tue Sep 16 05:14:27 CDT 2008

Hi Everybody,

just wanted to let you know that I have created a similar patch like
Andrea did for the Grabster AV 400 before I got notice of his work.

But there is small difference. I'm able to receive the audio correctly
but only in 44100 kHz. Seems this is the standard rate used by the
cs5340 ADC. You can try for yourself using Andreas patch and mplayers
-pvr option with 'arate=44100'.
Be sure not to use a different rate before or it will not work.

For me it seems like the cs5340 is connected directly to the cs23416's
i2s input. It has some kind of 'autoadjust' option where it
automatically chooses which kind of audiorate to use by measurement of
the MasterClock and the L/R Clock. How this can work with the cs23416 I
have no idea. Must be something related to some GPIO connections like
with some of the PCI cs23416 boards supported by the ivtv driver.

I've written a email to Terratec kindly asking for some help yesterday.
Well, I have no answer yet but I'll let you know if something happens.

Regs
Tobias