[pvrusb2] Grabster AV 400

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Wed Sep 17 08:44:45 CDT 2008

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008, Tobias Seiler wrote:

> Am Dienstag, den 16.09.2008, 12:14 +0200 schrieb Tobias Seiler:
>
> > just wanted to let you know that I have created a similar patch like
> > Andrea did for the Grabster AV 400 before I got notice of his work.
> >
> > But there is small difference. I'm able to receive the audio correctly
> > but only in 44100 kHz. Seems this is the standard rate used by the
> > cs5340 ADC. You can try for yourself using Andreas patch and mplayers
> > -pvr option with 'arate=44100'.
> > Be sure not to use a different rate before or it will not work.
>
> Well, replying to myself...
>
> Forgot something. I got the SVideo working to. It uses the same setting
> like the Gotview 2 device.

Tobias:

I briefly re-read the thread from a while back about this device.
Those changes never got integrated back into the driver.  I'd still like
to get this support added, but since I don't have that device here I
therefore can only do this by proxy with the help of others (like you)
who do have this device.  From what I read earlier, I think we're
already very close to having it working.  If you'd like to e-mail me
directly or if we can meet up on IRC, perhaps this weekend we can
finally get this sorted out.

isely @ pobox (dot) com