[pvrusb2] pvrusb2 and Fedora 11 - Audio cut after sometime of capturing

Alejandro Vaquero alejandrovaquero at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 15 12:07:26 CDT 2009

Hi List,
    This is my first post, and want to thank for your great job on this
driver.

    I've been using two pvrusb2 for a couple of years now with Mythtv. I
recently reinstalled my Mythtv backend with Fedora 11 (from Fedeora 6)
and started experiencing this audio issue. I can capture video and
audio, but after sometime (it maybe be seconds or minutes) the audio
stops recording.
    To discard mythtv, I tried "cat /dev/video0 > foo.mpg" and the file
experience the same issue. Also using "mplayer /dev/video0" have the
same problem.
    I have a 24xxx and a 29xxx card. This problem only happens with the
29xxx card.

    I've been looking around for some logs or debug info but could not
find any. When there is no audio, I checked the mute and volume control
(/sys/class/pvrusb2/sn-6552697/) and they are fine. Also tried the
standalone version of the driver (pvrusb2-mci-20090626) and the kernel
that comes with Fedora 11 (Linux 2.6.29.6_ale) but no luck.

    Any help is greatly appreciate.

Thanks
Alejandro