[pvrusb2] pvrusb2 and Fedora 11 - Audio cut after sometime of capturing

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sun Aug 16 10:43:45 CDT 2009

Not being an F11 user here there's not much I can do directly here
unless the problem is not specific to F11.  But this isn't the first
report of problems running the pvrusb2 driver under Fedora 11.  I
actually posted here to this list 6 days ago asking for responses from
people using Fedora 11 (both good AND bad) because of another incident
that was reported to me (off the list).  In that person's case the
problem(s) went away when he switched to a vanilla kernel from
kernel.org (still using Fedora 11).  However he's using a Gotview device
with the pvrusb2 driver and the F11-supplied kernel simply couldn't
operate the device at all (no video, no audio, just dead).  It didn't
matter which pvrusb2 driver version he was using - so long as he tried
to run it with the F11-supplied kernel he got nothing but trouble.

Given the above, I'd be curious to know if you could keep the F11
installation intact but build a recent (suggest 2.6.27.x) kernel from
kernel.org and see if things work a lot better.

  -Mike