[pvrusb2] Aspect ratio trouble

Bernhard Geier geierb at geierb.de
Mon Aug 31 13:03:53 CDT 2009

I have a pvrusb2 and I'm using the in-kernel module from 2.6.30.5.

As most tv stations broadcast in 16:9 I've set pvrusb2's
ctl_video_aspect to 16:9.
Now recordings do have a 16:9 aspect ratio, but are in fact 4:3
recordings stretched to 16:9 - they still have those black bars on top
and bottom, and circles look like eggs.

I tried to play a little with ctl_crop_XXX and ctl_cropcap_bounds_XXX
without knowing what their good for...no use at all, couldn't change the
values there.

Recording resolution is 720x576 if that matters. So: What can I do to
get real 16:9 recordings, without black bars and deformation?