[pvrusb2] WinTV-PVR USB2

Robert Casper racaspercom at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 4 19:20:01 CST 2009

--- On Thu, 12/3/09, Mike Isely <isely at isely.net> wrote:

> Are you sure you are using the device correctly?
>

> Yes I see in your previous message that you did try mplayer
> on the
> device node.  Try it again as I describe above - also
> you most likely
> need to be running as root when you do this...

I'm not sure I'm using it correctly :)

Tried doing "sudo mplayer /dev/video1" and got a window full of static, which was quite exciting after so long with no results.

Discovered that the program I wanted to use - Me TV - doesn't work with analog mpeg2 tuners.

So I got ambitious and installed MythTV!  Got the channel listings working but still it won't recognize my tuner.  I set the card type to "IVTV MPEG-2 encoder card" which seemed the best choice.

Based on what you wrote it's probably not a driver problem, I just don't have MythTV set up correctly.  I have my cable TV as input, the goal is to be able to watch cable channels on my computer.

Robert