[pvrusb2] Misplaced Filter-Controls?

Carsten Meier cm at trexity.de
Wed Feb 25 05:25:34 CST 2009

Am Wed, 25 Feb 2009 12:15:13 +0100 (CET)
schrieb "Hans Verkuil" <hverkuil at xs4all.nl>:

> Regarding the temporal control: if I remember correctly it is set by
> default to 8 for full-size PAL or NTSC images and to 0 for scaled
> images. The encoder doesn't do a very good job when combining the
> temporal filter with scaled images for some reason. I think the only
> time one might need to change this filter is when the signal quality
> is pretty bad.

Yes, the default value is 8 and is in my opinion to high for good
reception conditions. I'm getting noticealbe motion smear with 8, so I
like changing it.

BTW: something between 4 and 6 suitable for good and not so good
conditions. If it's still worse with 6, adding other filters
(spatial and/or median) probably gives better results.