[pvrusb2] mythtv and wintv-hvr-1950 - analog/digital scanning

fivenote fivenote at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 20:02:43 CST 2009

OK... keeping things simple... :-)

as root...

* mythbackend off

* plug in HVR-1950, creates /dev/video0

* enum_val shows all inputs - no narrowing

* set cur_val to composite and attache video player to hvr-1950

* cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/foo
       stderr...
           cat: /dev/video0: Input/output error
       /tmp/foo...
           empty
       /var/log/syslog...
           Jan  6 21:00:39 vao1420 kernel: [ 3031.735288] pvrusb2:
WARNING: No decoder present

Cool... at least I noticed some feedback in the log when I did the cat.

VAO - fivenote at gmail.com